A/R Insurance Rep
Accounts Receivable (A/R) Insurance Reps manage the patient billing accounts of a healthcare facility. By communicating with insurance companies, third party providers, and patients, A/R Insurance Reps work to issue billing statements and process payments as quickly and accurately as possible. If there are any discrepancies or denials in the payment process, A/R Insurance Reps may communicate with multiple parties to correct them.
- Enter patient billing data and verify coverage
- Create patient billing statements
- File claims and follow-up on claim denials
- Verify the accuracy of payments to each patient’s account
- Handle reimbursements to patients, insurance companies, or third parties
- Address patient inquiries related to billing
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in a healthcare setting
- Experience with customer service and/or payment collection preferred
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
To create accurate billing statements and handle reimbursements, A/R Insurance Reps must understand the varying coverages and policies of the patients they assist. Because A/R Insurance Reps work directly with patients to address their billing and payment inquiries, they must also have strong customer service skills.