As the main point of contact between a healthcare organization and its clientele, an account manager is responsible for developing and nurturing client relationships. Working to both retain and improve each account, account managers establish needs for clients and work to address them through effective proposal development and presentation.
Furthermore, account managers typically work within a customer relationship management (CRM) software to manage client information and update target lists.
- Build and maintain business relationships with healthcare facilities and suppliers
- Prioritize excellent customer service
- Give sales presentations and public speeches
- Assist with proposal development to potential partners
- Create sales campaigns and promotional goals
- Manage assigned accounts through email, telephone, and in-person meetings
- Occasionally to frequently travel to visit and meet clients
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3+ years of account management experience preferred
- 3+ years of healthcare contract negotiation experience preferred
- Proficiency with CRM software