A Non-Clinical Appointment Scheduler is assigned the task of filling open appointments in various facilities. The position may require you to work long hours or overnight shifts. Some on-call hours may also be required when other schedulers are out sick or on vacation.
In addition to managing the needs of the clients, filling appointment schedules and finding other consumers and clients to fill last-minute openings, a non-clinical appointment scheduler must be:
- Consistently on time for his/her shift
- Knowledgeable regarding scheduling software and be able to read scheduling charts
- Have excellent self-discipline
- Comfortable talking on the phone and able to persuade others to schedule an appointment with the businesses
- Know his/her way around office equipment
- Able to communicate with superiors in a timely fashion regarding any scheduling hiccups, cancellations, changes in appointments (e.g., customer/client has moved appointment up or back for “x” reasons), etc.
- Comfortable making cold calls to customers and/or clients at odd hours of the day.
An office administration degree is preferred, but comparable work experience may also be considered depending on the business and their needs. At least three to five years of experience in a similar position is also preferred, and in lieu of an administrative degree, more years’ experience is necessary.
Everyone who fits the job description and requirements is encouraged to apply. The employer is an equal opportunity company seeking to extend opportunities to those in need of a satisfying career. Benefits and salary are comparable to other positions in the local area.