The person in this position monitors incoming patient orders and gathers information needed to complete the pre-authorization and scheduling of an order. You will evaluate portions to be paid by the customer as well as perform all insurance related assignments as instructed. You must complete functions of this role in a timely and accurate manor, as a patient’s treatment and satisfaction, as well as the collection of account balances, are impacted.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles the verification of insurance benefits for customers
- Notifies customers of deductibles and co-insurance due
- Contacts primary care physicians in regards to referrals
- Regularly calls insurance companies to follow up
- Explores other payment options with customer when needed
- Keeps sensitive customer and company information confidential
- Contacts customer when needing to obtain information
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma
- 1+ years of insurance verification
- Familiar with medical terminology
- Professional telephone courtesy
We’re here to Help
If you have important qualities such as integrity, strong interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills, you could be a perfect candidate for an authorizations specialist role. At HealthCare Support Staffing (HSS), we partner you with a recruiting specialist that gets to know you and your career goals. From there, HSS matches your talents to compatible job opportunities. Use our website to search open jobs and sign up for emails containing job alerts. No matter what your career goal is, HSS is here to help.