A non-clinical billing clerk deals with accounts receivable from non-patients. Non-patients can include vendors who supply equipment and materials to the facility, food distributors who supply the cafeteria and contractors and agencies who provide temporary staff to the clinic.
In this position, you will:
- Prepare and review bills for vendors and other non-patient sources.
- Invoice accounts receivables from non-patient sources on a timely basis.
- Follow up on past-due accounts from non-patient sources.
- Provide information for monthly P&L and accounts receivable reports.
- Enter and update approved vendor information in the clinic’s accounting database.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- In-depth knowledge of the health insurance process
- Background in non-clinical or medical billing
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and vendors
Although this position doesn’t require direct contact with the public, we still expect all of our office staff to dress and conduct themselves professionally and to practice good telephone and communication etiquette.