The cardiovascular technologist conducts invasive and non-invasive examinations of the cardiovascular and pulmonary systems to assists with the diagnosis and treatment of patients with heart, lung, or blood vessel illnesses. They also assist with maintaining the equipment used to ensure ongoing accurate test results. Candidate must be detailed oriented in creating and retaining patient records for efficient treatment.
- Verify and record patient medical history and other necessary clinical data
- Answer any patient questions about the procedure pre and post examination
- Use proper judgement when performing services and only perform the necessary
- Perform diagnostic examinations of patient’s cardiovascular or pulmonary systems
- Record data relating to the patients anatomy, pathology, and psychology for physicians to assess
- Conduct non-invasive procedures like echocardiograms, or vascular ultrasounds
- Conduct invasive procedures like cardiac catheterization, or cardiac electrophysiology
- Adhere to applicable legal regulations while ensuring a safe and secure work environment
- Constant self-education of industry news and procedures via professional organizations, networking, and other educational opportunities.
- Ability to work in a team environment to ensure the best treatment for the patients
- Associates Degree in Cardiovascular Technology
- Certification in an area of cardiovascular technology required
- Certified from an accredited Cardiovascular Technologist School required
- One or more years of experience in a catheterization lab preferred
- Basic computer knowledge required