Front Office Assistant
If you’re a natural people person looking to make a difference in patients’ lives, then front office assistant may be the job for you. Friendly and dedicated, front office assistants work well with the medical staff to ensure patients are well taken care of. Responsible for making positive first impressions and ensuring patients leave satisfied, the front office assistant is a prompt and personable individual with excellent customer service skills.
In addition to connecting with patients and visitors, front office assistants will perform the following administrative duties:
- Answering the phone
- Appointment scheduling
- Patient account maintenance
- Payment and insurance collecting
- Record keeping and filing
- Communicating patient schedules, unique needs, and requests to our team
- Protecting the rights and confidentiality policies related to patient care
Qualifications and Skills
For medical practices to run smoothly and successfully every day, front office assistants are expected to be strong multi-taskers with excellent time management, data-entry, and basic accounting skills. A successful candidate should also be tech-savvy, detail-oriented, and an overall confident communicator.
Requirements for front office assistant position include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous medical field or customer service experience preferred
- CPR certification within the first 90 days of employment