Healthcare Recruiting in the Age of Telemedicine
Up until recently, a traditional healthcare experience was the norm. Patients would make appointments and visit a healthcare facility in-person to access care and get all of their questions answered by medical professionals. However, with recent advancements in technology and an increase in the need for remote medical care, telemedicine has blossomed — allowing patients and medical professionals alike to communicate without needing to leave their homes.
With COVID’s undeniable impact on the healthcare profession, telemedicine has become a very popular option for both patients with accessibility limitations and healthcare workers who could benefit from such remote operations. Here are some of the top positions recruiters are looking to fill in the age of telemedicine.
Available Telemedicine Careers
Whether you are a physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant, there are plenty of telemedicine positions out there that will suit your needs. The beauty of remote operations is that you aren’t bound by any regions as you can perform your duties from practically anywhere. While there are many telemedicine positions available, some of the increasingly popular remote healthcare jobs include:
How To Find a Job in Telemedicine
Consider these tips before you start job hunting for a career in telemedicine.
- Overhaul your resume: A must for any new job search, you’ll want to update and enhance your current resume to fit the needs of the job market. In this case, it’s best to include additional technology-related skills that would be translatable to a career in telemedicine.
- Never stop networking: The greatest opportunities often present themselves through the people you know, so it’s important to build up your network to help you secure opportunities. Making connections with other healthcare professionals will allow you to gain insight into new openings in your field.
- Get licensed in multiple states: The more licenses and certifications you earn, the more valuable you’ll be in the competitive telemedicine field.
- Look on telemedicine job boards: Looking at places that specifically promote telemedicine careers is your best bet for securing the perfect job.
- Work with a recruiter experienced in telemedicine: When searching for a job in telemedicine, you will likely find many opportunities; however, to isolate the right job for you, you’ll need the help of a recruiter. Recruiters can help find jobs tailored toward your skills and needs and offer exclusive opportunities that you wouldn’t find otherwise.
Find Your Dream Telemedicine Job
Here at HealthCare Support, our passion is to help highly-skilled and spirited healthcare professionals find their perfect long-term or short-term telemedicine position. With our extensive professional network, our savvy healthcare recruiters can help place you in the job of your dreams. To learn more about what we can do for you, please give us a call at 888-219-6285.