Inventory representatives serve as the liaison between healthcare clients and healthcare inventory suppliers. These representatives must coordinate communication, travel to various healthcare facilities, and manage both the order and shipment of inventory.
Because they are responsible for distributing supplies to various healthcare facilities, inventory reps must develop a strong understanding of their for-sale stock. Likewise, inventory reps require an understanding of inventory control, as well as the hazards and safety precautions of specific healthcare equipment.
- Process and submit inventory orders
- Maintain order files and evaluate current inventory
- Create inventory control reports
- Coordinate special deliveries
- Procure supply and shipment quotes
- Occasionally operate heavy machinery
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of related experience preferred
- 1+ years of experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- Proficiency with word processing software