Certified Coding Auditor
Medical Coding Auditor
Healthcare Support Staffing – Tampa, FL
Great Opportunities for CPC/CCS Coders!
Company Job Description/Day to Day Duties:
• Codes, abstracts and analyzes inpatient and/or outpatient medical records using International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision (ICD-9). Always coding to the highest level of specificity
• Follows the Official ICD-9 guidelines for Coding and Reporting and has a complete understanding of these guidelines
• Follows CMS risk adjustment guidelines and has a complete understanding of these guidelines
• Understands the impact of ICD-9 codes on the CMS HCC risk adjustment model
• Ability to meet productivity and accuracy standards–Ability to defend coding decisions to both internal and external audits
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• A High School or GED Required
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field Preferred
• 2+ years of experience in professional coding experience either in a hospital or physician setting Required—
• Certified Professional Coder (CPC) CPC or CCS required Required
• Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) Preferred
For immediate consideration, please send all resumes along with salary requirements!