Manager of Finance
The manager of finance is responsible for maintaining financial consistency, accuracy, and safety across multiple departments in a healthcare facility. As the manager of the financial team, this professional must oversee all financial reporting to ensure accuracy and minimize risk.
These healthcare professionals must have a concrete understanding of a facility’s current financial situation in order to make necessary adjustments, amendments, and recommendations to the CFO. However, they must also make future projections to understand how specific financial decisions will impact a facility, both departmentally and as a whole.
- Manages the operations of the finance department
- Audits and directs auditing strategies of facility departments
- Prepares and inspects monthly financial statements
- Creates financial forecast reports
- Evaluates annual budgets and proposes recommendations
- Minimizes financial risk via reports, proposals, and financial analysis
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field preferred
- 4+ years of experience in a similar position
- 3+ years of experience in the financial industry
- Proficiency with word processing software