We are looking for a skilled and experienced medical biller/collector who can effectively and consistently generate revenue through professional billing practices and proper and ethical collection efforts.
The medical biller/collector is responsible for preparing and submitting patient bills for both insurance and private pay. You will generally act as an intermediary between our patients and their health insurance carrier. You must maintain a high level of professionalism and adhere to all debt collection rules and regulations.
You will handle billing and collections, claim denials, patient accounts, and various administrative duties. All debt-related matters will be under your purview, and you will communicate regularly with insurance carriers and patients to pursue payments.
Specific job duties include the following:
- Insurance claim preparation and submission
- Billable claim determinations, corrections, and submissions
- Account processing
- Information analysis
- Authorization and diagnosis code verification
- Batch preparation for posting
- Prepare and run reports
- Oversee patient accounts
- Appeal claim denials
- Answer patient questions and advise them on their insurance coverage and benefits
- Establish repayment plans and arrangements with delinquent patients
- Contact insurance billing departments to address and correct billing errors and omissions
The right candidate should possess the following skills and qualifications.
- Medical terminology
- Legal compliance
- Documentation skills
- Accounts receivable and payable skills
- Experience with medical billing software
- EOB knowledge
- Knowledge of multiple insurance plans, including Medicare
- Organization and attention to detail
- Excellent phone skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- High school diploma/GED
- College degree is preferred
- Prior medical billing and collection experience is required
If you believe you are right for this job, or have any further inqueries, please contact us at 888-219-6285.