Member Service Rep
Member Service Reps are responsible for managing inbound and outbound phone calls in a healthcare facility. These representatives may help arrange appointments and schedule transportation for patients. Similarly, Member Service Reps must answer patient inquiries, address their basic technical issues, and provide excellent customer service. Some representatives must also be prepared to process payments or handle billing information.
- Handle inbound and outbound calls
- Organize data and input patient information
- Assist members and respond to inquires
- Document member feedback and maintain contact logs
- Provide basic levels of technical navigation support
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- 1+ years of experience in a healthcare setting
- Experience in a call center or customer support center preferred
Because they interact with patients and respond to inquiries daily, Member Service Reps must have strong communication skills. Member Service Reps must also be able to multitask and address patient questions and concerns while documenting their feedback.