National Account Representative
National account representatives are responsible for the management of client relationships. They cater to high-value customers in particular, such as those who have been with the company for an extended time or those who invest significant amounts of money. Fostering trust is a very large component of the position.
The position also entails making sales calls and identifying new business opportunities. It’s especially important that national account reps reach particular goals in sales and satisfaction. Although carried out across an incredible variety of businesses, prospective employees can generally look for regular 40-hour workweeks.
Applicants usually must have a bachelor’s degree for this role, usually in business administration. Any experience or training in marketing is beneficial. National account representatives usually oversee a team and must be able to manage long- and short-term goals for themselves and others.
There is a possibility that this person will be involved in hiring and scheduling. Communication skills are necessary, both oral and written.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Reach out to current clients and make them feel valued
- Offer excellent communication skills and customer-oriented attitude
- Foster a feeling of trust
- Make or answer sales calls
- Search for new business opportunities
- Craft plans to seize such chances
- Manage sales teams
- Preside over long- and short-term goals
- Hire and schedule teams that are managed