Patient Access Rep
To help patients get treatments, medications, and other clinical necessities, patient access reps communicate with both beneficiaries and their benefits providers to verify coverage, administer reimbursements, and help construct plans of payment.
Furthermore, patient access reps assist with insurance verification, which requires them to have an in-depth network of benefits knowledge. Patient access reps must display professionalism, strong communication skills, and excellent patient support, and they may sometimes be required to negotiate financial plans with patients that don’t currently have coverage or are not in-network.
- Communicate with third parties and benefits providers
- Verify authorizations, coverage, and reimbursements
- Assist with coding and billing
- Answer incoming calls and place outgoing calls
- Help with patient intake and registration
- Analyze patient benefit plans
- Schedule treatments and procedures
- Update insurance information in patient records
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Associate degree in a related field preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role preferred
- Proficiency with word processing software