Patient Access Representative
Patient Access Representatives are responsible for guiding patients through the admissions process by screening patients for eligibility, preparing patient information for clinical staff, and answering patient questions. These representatives also get patients ready for intake, process them during admission, and guide them through discharge.
Patient Access Representatives must have strong interpersonal skills to communicate with patients and clinical staff effectively. Digital experience with word processing programs is also essential to the role of a Patient Access Representative. Although extensive clinical training is not necessary for this position, incoming candidates will be guided through courses related to the services of the facility.
- Interview incoming patients during intake
- Accept insurance information and communicate with coverage providers
- Log patient information digitally and maintain records
- Process billing information and distribute payment information
- Guide patients to physician examinations
- Facilitate communication of patient case and status to clinicians
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate’s degree in a related field preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Previous healthcare experience preferred