Patient Account Rep
Throughout the revenue cycle, patient account reps review and update patient accounts by calculating deductibles and processing payments. Consistently communicating with patients and their third-party providers, patient account reps also resolve issues with patient accounts, determine if patients are able to pay their outstanding balances, and credit/debit their accounts as needed.
Patient account reps must follow up with patients regarding outstanding balances and insurance providers regarding claim status updates. In the event that a patient cannot pay their balance, patient account reps may need to provide financial counseling or assist with payment planning.
- Bill patient accounts to third parties
- Communicate with patients and insurance providers post-discharge
- Assist with insurance verifications
- Determine patients’ abilities to pay their balances
- Resolve payment issues and account balances
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Associate degree in a related field preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a billing or collections role
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Proficiency with word processing software