Quality Assurance Rep
When healthcare facilities undergo policy and procedure changes, quality assurance reps are responsible for ensuring those changes meet the necessary standards of quality. If the standards are not met, quality assurance reps analyze, maintain, and adjust the policies to establish high levels of quality assurance. Since they’re responsible for these establishments, they must understand and be knowledgeable of the facility’s current policies to conclude whether the new protocols are in good shape.
Furthermore, to gain a well-rounded understanding of quality care, quality assurance reps are comfortable communicating with patients and staff. Upon policy evaluation, quality assurance reps record and upload their findings on programs as well as lead and instruct facility employees to carry out best-practice procedures.
- Reviews medical charts and files to determine its quality assurance
- Records and uploads documents for digital storage
- Looks over facility procedures and communicates recommendations for quality assurance improvements
- Educates facility employees on updated standards and procedures
Qualifications and Skills
Minimum high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is highly preferred
- At least two years of similar work experience
- At least two years of experience working in a healthcare setting preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills