Quality Assurance Rep
To uphold strong quality assurance standards, Quality Assurance Representatives are responsible for analyzing, maintaining, and adjusting the policies and procedures within a healthcare facility. To establish high levels of quality assurance, these reps must understand the current policies of a facility and determine whether the matching protocols efficiently meet them. Representatives must be comfortable speaking with both patients and staff to develop a well-rounded perspective of care quality.
- Audits medical charts and files to evaluate quality assurance
- Records and uploads documents for digital storage
- Handles inbound and outbound calls to maintain quality assurance
- Reviews facility procedures and recommends potential quality improvements
- Educates facility employees on quality standards and procedures
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- 2+ years of similar experience
- 2+ years of experience in a healthcare setting preferred
Quality Assurance Reps must have customer service skills to effectively further the needs and wants of patients. Similarly, proficient computer skills are essential to this role, because Quality Assurance Reps must record, upload, and evaluate quality assurance in multiple areas of a facility. Leadership and instructional skills are vital to Quality Assurance Reps, because they are responsible for instructing staff if their current procedures are unable to meet the appropriate standards.