Medical Records Clerk
A Medical Records Clerk works under immediate supervision and maintains patient files and statistics, responds to requests for medical records, and performs clerical duties. The right candidate will be a highly motivated person with an eye for details and the ability to get the job done with minimal errors.
Some various job duties that will be required of a Medical Records Clerk can include:
- Maintaining patient files and retrieving files for scheduled appointments
- Responding to requests for medical records and processing letters and reports
- Retrieving patient schedules from computer system, distributing lab reports to physicians, and materials to other departments.
- Photocopying records and documents for billing or legal services, sending and receiving information via fax machine, and answering phone calls.
- Keeping supervisor informed of problems or issues monitoring supplies needed
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent, with no experience required
- Three months of medical office experience preferred
- Knowledge of modern office equipment
- Interpersonal and human relations skills
- Organizational skills and telephone etiquette skills
- Ability to maintain records and files
- Ability to operate personal computer
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exert physical effort maintaining and distributing files
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, don’t hesitate. For any questions about this position, or if you would like to set up an interview, call us today at 888-219-6285.