Refunds and Credit Rep
The Refunds and Credit Rep is responsible for resolving accounts with a credit balance by initiating refunds to Commercial, Government, Managed Care and patient accounts paid in error by the payer or the patient.
- Proactively seek and handle credit accounts prior to requests
- Gather complete supporting documentation before processing refund
- Ensure all refund requests are processed within 72 hours
- Ensure that all refunds are processed within payer and government guidelines
- Maintain compliance and productivity guidelines as provided by management
- Identify any previously unnoticed trends in refunds and present to management
- Reconcile refund postings
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent
- 1 Year prior customer service experience
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Efficiently operate a multiple line phone system
- Previous experience in a healthcare facility in relation to accounts receivable or billing practices preferred.