Professionals who promote and sell medical equipment or pharmaceuticals are commonly known as medical sales representatives. These professionals communicate directly with physicians, surgeons, and healthcare facility owners to promote and sell medical products. Medical sales reps must not only be knowledgeable about the products they are selling, but also the clinical applications in which such products may be used. Self-motivation, strong communication skills, and effective time management are required to succeed in a medical sales rep position.
- Demonstrate, explain, and sell medical products
- Travel regularly to medical facilities, surgery centers, hospitals, etc.
- Follow up on new accounts
- Hit established sales targets
- Attend clinical procedures and operations
- Explore new leads
- Conduct presentations
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- 2-5 years in a customer service role
- 2+ years of experience in sales position preferred
- Valid driver’s license required