Clinical Product Design Nurse
We are looking for nurse practitioners with a passion for improving healthcare products and devices. Clinical product design nurses will bring their medical training to assist a company in the development of new clinical technology to help patients. The ideal candidate would possess at least a couple years of clinical work experience, familiarity with medical research processes, a firm grasp of new developments in the field, a collaborative attitude, and an innovative spirit.
- Translating medical literature and research findings to create, improve, and build clinical products with a design team
- Using knowledge of medical terminology to develop copy for product catalogs or manuals
- Researching medical journals to seek out new areas for product development
- Assessing product functionality and finding ways to improve it
- Collaborating with various members of the company (product designers, marketing team, software engineers) to develop and maintain successful products
Education & Experience
- Certification as a nurse practitioner
- 2-3 years clinical work experience (can be residency and internship)
- Expertise with medical research databases and new publications
- Proficiency with project management software like Microsoft Office and Google docs
- Experience with clinical quality improvement a plus
This position is for forward-thinking, innovative individuals who are passionate about improving the state of health care. A clinical product design nurse will be working closely with several different teams, and so must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. To fulfill the main responsibilities successfully, a candidate must be self-motivated, hard-working, and creative.