Over 90 percent of healthcare plans in the United States conform to the principles of the Healthcare Effectiveness Data Information Set (HEDIS). HEDIS consists of several performance measurements that evaluate the quality of service and record management in a healthcare facility. HEDIS Clerks are responsible for ensuring that all medical records are in line with HEDIS and processed accordingly. With the responsibility of pulling records, filing documents, and contacting facilities for retrieval of records, the role of a HEDIS clerk is primarily administrative.
- Facilitate record retrieval and schedule retrieval appointments
- Organize data and medical records
- Handle medical records and run reports accordingly
- Digitally file documents, scan records, and handle mailing
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- 2+ years of experience in a healthcare setting
- Experience with quality assurance and medical record keeping preferred
HEDIS Clerks must be highly proficient with technology to process medical records and handle digital files effectively. Similarly, HEDIS Clerks must possess strong communication skills in order to schedule retrieval appointments and communicate HEDIS standards to other members of the facility.