Recent Changes to Pharmacist Revalidation Requirements
In October 2022, the General Pharmaceutical Council’s changes to the pharmacist revalidation requirements went into effect. Here is what pharmacists need to know about the new changes.
Required Revalidation Records
The required records and documents that you must now submit for revalidation include:
- 4 CPD Entries – It is required that a minimum of two CPD entries are planned learning activities.
- One Reflective Account – While there is no required word count for this document, examples tend to be at least 400 words.
- One Peer Discussion – Similarly, successful peer discussions contain about 400 words.
Before drafting your documents, it is recommended that you research successful examples available on the General Pharmaceutical Council’s website.
Current Pharmacist Standards
There are three standards that you must be aware of in regard to the new revisions. Standards one, two, and five are listed as follows:
- Pharmacy professionals must provide person-centered care.
- Pharmacy professionals must work in partnership with others.
- Pharmacy professionals must use their professional judgment.
Potential Consequences of Revalidation
It is important to be aware of the consequences that could occur if you fail to submit the above listed information. Potential consequences include entering the process of remediation and administrative removal from the register. Furthermore, if you are invalidated and would like to be restored to valid status, you will be required to pay an additional fee that can total hundreds of dollars. Thus, it is best to submit all that is required in a timely manner to ensure you stay up to date.
Stay Updated with HealthCare Support
When you’re ready to take the next step in your pharmacy career, the experts at HealthCare Support can help. HealthCare Support is a national staffing resource for hardworking professionals in the healthcare industry. Whether you’re looking to take the next step in your career or just want a short-term job, our experts will help connect you with our vast professional network to figure out the right move for you.
For more information on our open services and jobs, please give HealthCare Support a call at 888-219-6285 today.